Verify CFEI/CPFC Status or Report Misconduct
Verify the status of an individual holding the Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI) or Certified Personal Finance Consultant (CPFC) status or report misconduct of a CFEI/CPFC.
The National Financial Educator Council developed a disciplinary process for NFEC Certified Financial Education Instructors, Certified Personal Finance Consultant, and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association to:
- Ensure a quality financial education.
- To protect the public from sub-par presentations.
- To protect the public from misinformation.
- To maintain public confidence in Certified Financial Education Instructors and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association.
- To uphold the highest standards of conduct in the profession.
The disciplinary process is tiered based on the incident. The NFEC will review all incidents reported and take appropriate action. The actions taken include but are not limited to:
- Removal of Certification and speakers bureau ban.
- Retraining and retesting to ensure you meet Certification quality guidelines
- Other appropriate discipline.
Certified Financial Education Instructors, Certified Personal Finance Consultants, and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association have the ability to appeal this decision.
Certified Financial Education Instructors, Certified Personal Finance Consultants, and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association must adhere to our code of ethics:
- Be prepared for all events, talks, workshops, etc and maintain the highest professional standard which includes: being on time, knowing the financial literacy curriculum, and educating the attendees.
- Certified educators are prohibited from giving specific investment or tax advice unless you have the professional certification that allows you to do so.
- Ensure all information you are providing is accurate and delivered effectively.
- Maintain the highest ethical and educational standards.
- Graduates may not have been convicted of a sex offense or other crime that the NFEC deems inappropriate.