Financial Counselor Job Description
Financial counseling jobs are available through the National Financial Educators Council, for qualified people in select locations. We are looking to build our network of financial counselors, and therefore seek well-qualified individuals to serve our clients.
- Deliver financial counseling sessions with clients either one-on-one, as couples, or in small groups.
- Review clients’ current financial situations by competently reviewing and assessing their tax returns, credit reports, and other financial records.
- Understand how to determine clients’ income, assets, debt, and credit scores by reviewing their financial information.
- Demonstrated competency to calculate financial health ratios (debt-to-income, net worth, etc.).
- Document results, conduct measures, and produce outcome reports.
- Possess the skill sets needed to exhibit empathy with clients’ situations, while also motivating and moving clients to take positive action.
- Possess the necessary content knowledge to provide clients with sound financial education.
- Be a highly-effective communicator – both verbally and non-verbally – and possess good writing skills.
- Capable to teach financial education programs to groups and individuals.
- Financial counselors must pass the Certified Personal Finance Consultants coursework and a criminal background check.