The National Financial Educator Council developed a disciplinary process for NFEC Certified Personal Finance Consultants and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association to:
Ensure a quality financial coaching.
To protect the public from underperforming coaches.
To protect the public from misinformation.
To maintain public confidence in Certified Personal Finance Consultants and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association.
To uphold the highest standards of conduct in the profession.
The disciplinary process is tiered based on the incident. The NFEC will review all incidents reported and take appropriate action. The actions taken include but are not limited to:
Removal of Certification and speakers bureau ban.
Retraining and retesting to ensure you meet Certification quality guidelines
Other appropriate discipline.
The Certified Personal Finance Consultants and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association has the ability to appeal this decision.
Certified Personal Finance Consultants (CPFC’s) and members of the Personal Finance Speakers Association must adhere to our code of ethics:
1) Maintain the highest professional standards.
2) Certified educators are prohibited from giving specific investment or tax advice unless you have the professional certification that allows you to do so.
3) Ensure all information you are providing is accurate and delivered effectively.
4) Maintain the highest ethical and educational standards.
5) Graduates may not have been convicted of a sex offense or other crime that the NFEC deems inappropriate.