Based on up-to-date research evidence and best practices for online learning, the eVolve money management course online has multiple features. Multimodal instruction has been identified as part of an integrated model for online education. The features include:
- An authentic, dynamic, and vivid learning experience tailored to the user
- Personalized learning based on a student’s interests, test results, and lesson accomplishments
- Just-in-time learning features that trigger participants’ prior knowledge about action steps to take when making major money management decisions
- Learner-focused educational approach that leverages scaffolding, simulation, PBL, micro-eLearning, and case studies
- Interactive aspects that engage and involve students in learning
- Integrated tests that assess change in financial capability and behaviors
- Gamification features like badges, points, and bonuses
- Meets CAG 2.0 accessibility standards posed by the World Wide Web Consortium
You have several options regarding how to pace and/or deliver the money management course online. Here’s how eVolve can be customized:
- Self-guided. Students can move through the coursework on their own and unsupervised, because eVolve has built-in accountability and reporting.
- Instructor-guided. The eVolve system also supports in-person instruction with presentations, instructor’s guide, PowerPoint, student guides, activity sheets, and quizzes.
- Flipped/blended. Use some hybrid of live and online teaching.
- Time-released. Release lessons to the participants based on a predetermined schedule.
- Progressive. Set features that guide learner progress based on when they reach educational benchmarks and pass tests.
- Adaptive. The learning pathway can adapt by having students review content they find challenging.